Become A Ham


Would you like to be a Amateur Radio Operator (Or HAM Operator) It's as simple as passing a multiple choice written test, that's it. The FCC revisits and updates the question pools every four years. Before you can get on the air, you need to be licensed. US licenses are good for 10 years before renewal and anyone may hold one except a representative of a foreign government. In the US there are three license classes—Technician, General and Extra.

The Technician class license is the entry-level license for new ham radio operators. To earn the Technician license, requires passing one examination totaling 35 questions on radio theory, regulations and operating practices. For more information go to 

ARRL Ham Radio License Manuals and Study Guides

Practice Exam Links

In Reno/Sparks Area. We have a One Day Ham Radio Review and then you can take the Exam. For more information go to